The Universe of the Living
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Universe of the Living

A forum where you can chat about absolutely anything.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» Ayurvedic perception of Amavata
Official Religion Thread. EmptySat Mar 05, 2011 8:31 am by pyn12

» Spam Thread.
Official Religion Thread. EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 7:21 pm by Oli:)

» Okami; Amaterasu.
Official Religion Thread. EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 5:24 pm by Nelliel

» Reputation System.
Official Religion Thread. EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 5:23 pm by Nelliel

» Name changes.
Official Religion Thread. EmptyWed Feb 09, 2011 6:39 pm by Nelliel

» Post the song you're listening to.
Official Religion Thread. EmptyMon Sep 06, 2010 12:52 pm by Oli:)

» Your Favorite Lyrics
Official Religion Thread. EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 12:04 pm by Oli:)

» Breaking up.
Official Religion Thread. EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 7:04 pm by Oli:)

» PROMOTING.
Official Religion Thread. EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 10:16 am by Nelliel

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Official Religion Thread.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Nelliel
Creator Genesis
Creator Genesis
Nelliel

Official Religion Thread. Empty
PostSubject: Official Religion Thread.   Official Religion Thread. EmptyFri Mar 19, 2010 1:26 pm

Discuss anything related to religion.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Official Religion Thread.   Official Religion Thread. EmptyTue Mar 23, 2010 11:31 pm

In my honest opinon religion is somewhat a joke.
Not saying it's bad or anything, but I just believe that people should just have their own beliefs.
I myself am Agnostic and am not sure of what there is, but I feel that there is something greater.
Religion was heavily pushed on me as a young child (My mother singing religious songs, praying 24/7, church, and then a catholic high school). It pushed me more away from the church more than anything.
However I did get to see into it and see how it all works.

Now don't get me wrong, religion is alright and should be used as a guide line. But not have to be followed down to every word and practice.
And to have a common faith with a community is also nice. But saying these people are not welcomed or cannot receive this or that is a bit wacky and ironic saying we should invite everyone in no matter what.

That's why I like to follow my own road and see where it leads. Just to be the best person I can and share my love with others.
Just do the best I can and hope that the greater power that I believe is out there does it's best :)

Thoughts on that matter? Anyone do the same or exact opposite?
Back to top Go down
Oli:)
Admin Genesis
Admin Genesis

PostSubject: Re: Official Religion Thread.   Official Religion Thread. EmptySat Mar 27, 2010 6:54 pm

Amante wrote:
Now don't get me wrong, religion is alright and should be used as a guide line. But not have to be followed down to every word and practice.

That's why I like to follow my own road and see where it leads. Just to be the best person I can and share my love with others.

I agree with this.
I also believe that religion isn't what it's portrayed to be (the big guy in the sky answering prayers etc etc). I simply think that religion is a morale booster. I grew up believing in God, not heavily but I prayed every now and then, went to church most Sundays etc.
However over the years I've come to realise it's not what people say it is and I just think it's there to help people feel better about them selves. For example if you were really stressed out about something and you felt alone, it wouldn't be the nicest feeling. But if you were to 'talk' to God about it then you'd feel lighter, knowing someone's got your back.

The whole Heaven and Hell thing is bull imo. I believe there's life after death, you just simply move on to another life.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/oli.donohoe
SNL
Getting There
Getting There
SNL

PostSubject: Re: Official Religion Thread.   Official Religion Thread. EmptySun Mar 28, 2010 6:06 am

Oli:) wrote:
The whole Heaven and Hell thing is bull imo. I believe there's life after death, you just simply move on to another life.
So you believe in reincarnation? Or am I wrong?
Just wondering.
Back to top Go down
Admin Genesis
Admin Genesis

PostSubject: Re: Official Religion Thread.   Official Religion Thread. EmptySun Mar 28, 2010 1:28 pm

Yes, you're right. Sorry I thought I put that in my post.. >_< except I don't believe in the 'if you're good you'll come back as a bird' or 'if you're bad you'll come back as an insect' aspect. I simply think you'll start over a normal life again as a human being.
Back to top Go down
SNL
Getting There
Getting There
SNL

PostSubject: Re: Official Religion Thread.   Official Religion Thread. EmptySun Mar 28, 2010 9:51 pm

Hmm..I'm just wondering why you believe in that. ^
Back to top Go down
Admin Genesis
Admin Genesis

PostSubject: Re: Official Religion Thread.   Official Religion Thread. EmptySun Mar 28, 2010 11:03 pm

It just seems like the most logical thing imo. Even I don't completely understand why I believe it, I just do ^_^ lol.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Official Religion Thread.   Official Religion Thread. EmptyMon Mar 29, 2010 12:23 am

Your soul just moves on to the next "host" maybe? Or am I talking through my ass?
Back to top Go down
Admin Genesis
Admin Genesis

PostSubject: Re: Official Religion Thread.   Official Religion Thread. EmptyMon Mar 29, 2010 8:16 pm

I suppose you're right Delta, you have no memory of your previous lives etc obviously. But you just continue to live on.
Back to top Go down
Hitmonlee
Mod Genesis
Mod Genesis
Hitmonlee

PostSubject: Re: Official Religion Thread.   Official Religion Thread. EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 1:09 am

I think a belief in a God can be a good thing sometimes but I don't think you should believe everything that you are told about religion.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Official Religion Thread.   Official Religion Thread. EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 3:14 am

Even some preists know/admit that some stories in the bible are bull shit.
Back to top Go down
Hitmonlee
Mod Genesis
Mod Genesis
Hitmonlee

PostSubject: Re: Official Religion Thread.   Official Religion Thread. EmptyWed Apr 07, 2010 1:03 pm

I'm not sure what priests you are talking about but they are supposed to act like the bible is true in every way.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Official Religion Thread.   Official Religion Thread. Empty

Back to top Go down

Official Religion Thread.
Page 1 of 1