The Universe of the Living
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Universe of the Living

A forum where you can chat about absolutely anything.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» Ayurvedic perception of Amavata
Art threads EmptySat Mar 05, 2011 8:31 am by pyn12

» Spam Thread.
Art threads EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 7:21 pm by Oli:)

» Okami; Amaterasu.
Art threads EmptyWed Feb 16, 2011 5:24 pm by Nelliel

» Reputation System.
Art threads EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 5:23 pm by Nelliel

» Name changes.
Art threads EmptyWed Feb 09, 2011 6:39 pm by Nelliel

» Post the song you're listening to.
Art threads EmptyMon Sep 06, 2010 12:52 pm by Oli:)

» Your Favorite Lyrics
Art threads EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 12:04 pm by Oli:)

» Breaking up.
Art threads EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 7:04 pm by Oli:)

» PROMOTING.
Art threads EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 10:16 am by Nelliel

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Art threads

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Art threads Empty
PostSubject: Art threads   Art threads EmptyMon Mar 22, 2010 3:09 am

This is a brief thread I am making to try help out those of you who may consider posting a thread with your art work in it. Just some simple tips on how to present an Art thread well and keep it neat and tidy.

• Back story: Give a brief bit of information on the art you are posting. For example, if I was to post a picture I painted, I would say the materials I used, how long it took and the title. BUT keep it short and sweet, if its too long people may not read it. Its one thing giving some information, but another piling heaps of useless information on everyones brain.

• Spoilers: If you have a lot of pictures, spoilers are a way of keeping the page from being really long and a pain to scroll down through.

• Updating: If you update your thread with new art, state so in the title. Include maybe the date of update, or just the number of updates that you have so far. eg:
    *22nd march* OR *Update 1*

• Replying: Try not to reply to every single post with "Thanks", you can thank them in your next update.

• Give Credit: If you have copied/re-drawn your drawing from somewhere, link to where you did so from, or link to what gave you inspiration. If someone copied/re-drew one of your works of art, wouldn't you want credit? Also, you never know, linking to your inspiration could inspire others.

• No flaming: If someone doesn't like your work, don't flame them, they have a right do not like it, unless they express there dislike in an unruly or offense manner, in that case report them.

If you dont know how to post pictures or videos, see Alphas thread on How to post images and videos

Thank you for your time.
Back to top Go down

Art threads
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Universe of the Living :: Art and Creative Works.-
Jump to: